Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I Kid You Not

Today I had lunch with a good friend. Afterwards, I was on the way to drop off at her house, when my cell phone rang. It was a # I didn't recognize, but I always answer because I never know whose phone my kids might use.

It wasn't one of my kids.

I kid u not, this guy says this is _____ with Fuddrucker's, then asked for me by name.

He then explained that he was drawing business cards for the free meals of the month at Fuddruckers. I didn't hang up, because I did drop a business card there, last time I ate at Fudd's.

He said he noticed I'm a songwriter, and asked if I ever need anyone to sing my songs!

His story goes on like this: they're cutting my hours, and I'm looking for ways to make some money on the side!!

He said he used to sing, and his voice is coming back. And as a matter of fact, that he was in the mood to sing!!!

2 comments:

Margaret said...

hahahaha..I loved that! I have never laughed so much as I did today when you got off the phone. Maybe you should contact Fuds and suggest they have singing waiters and bus boys!!!

Tim Wheeler said...

I have to admit. Whataburger NEVER offered me a free lunch!

I gotta get some cards made up!