Monday, October 18, 2010

From where I stand...

From where I stand, I can't see very far. I want to, but I can't. I want to see what God sees. I want to see how He sees. Not to be "like God." Only to gain mercy & compassion for souls. 

I want the heart for God that I see in my girls. That relentlessness. The ground-breaking faith. Mountain-moving.  The trust in God that only comes by waiting. And obeying.

As I was praying this morning, I recalled these words I wrote last year for a friend. Today I need it. Maybe you do, too. 


Only a Seed
©2009 Gloria Smith/Eva Wilson

v1
Rising out of the hardened ground
With no parade, without a sound
Only a seed, but it will grow
Waiting for the end of the night
Longing for the morning light
A tender seedling, but, oh so strong

chorus
It already moves a mountain
Can already change the world
In the corner of the garden
Planted by the Lord
Only a seed today
Only a seed that's all it takes
Only a seed
Of faith

v2
Pushing doubt and all fear away
Where once the smallest seed was placed
Now stands a tree, the tallest tree
Offering shelter from the sun
Safe in the shade are all who come
Come if you're weary, oh, bring your seed

chorus
It already moves a mountain
Can already change the world
In the corner of the garden
Planted by the Lord
Only a seed today
Only a seed that's all it takes
Only a seed
Of faith 


From where I stand, it's pretty dark sometimes. But only because I'm in His shadow. And in the shadow of others who have lived a life of abandon. 

I pray you can find rest in Him today.  Come if you're weary, oh, bring your seed. 

No comments: