Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Letter I wrote Sept 17, after Stephen's birth on 9/11/01


Juno e-mail for wilsonarkatjunodotcom printed on Monday, September 17, 2001, 9:22AM

Dear Friends and Family,

Thanks for remembering us before the Lord this week! "And the Lord is the one who goes ahead of you; He will be with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear, or be dismayed." Deuteronomy 31:8.

Stephen Barry Wilson was born on Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2001, at 2:50 p.m., weighing in at 10 lbs., 3 oz., measuring 21 3/4 inches long. He looks like a Wilson (yes, he's gorgeous!), and we're thankful to the Lord for his safe arrival.

As I was admitted to the hospital, I was able to spend about an hour in quiet time, with no nurses, TV, etc. I must confess, that even though this was my 9th baby to be delivering, I could not for a moment take it lightly. More than ever before, I was determined to depend on the Lord for His help, for life itself.

Then, right at 8 am I clicked the button to watch the morning show or something. I was shocked to see a WTC tower on fire, and suddenly saw the other tower being hit by the next plane. The first thought I had was how many people were in those strong towers and powerful jets and how they exercised faith in the structures and planes when they entered the doors that morning, not knowing what the day held. In devastation, I began to cry out for God's mercy for the souls and lives of those involved.

The first thought God brought to mind was "The Name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to Him and are safe." And then. I remembered that the name "Stephen" means "crown of victory"! As we trust in the name of the Lord, we'll experience safety and victory. "Barry" means "bold, strong, of one mind"!

As the buildings collapsed, and so many rescue workers were perishing, I committed Stephen to the Lord in a new way. Realizing the brevity of life, I asked God to use our baby to rescue the perishing and care for the dying. In a way, the day passed quickly, as I struggled to remain focused on delivering. a baby, as life ended for so many.

Just before Stephen's birth, his heart rate dropped. The nurse put an oxygen mask on me, and it partially covered my eyes. Moments seemed like hours to me as she coached me to "breathe deeper, for the baby"...I could not see the concern in her eyes. Barry's eyes told the story, and I suddenly heard that she was saying "for the baby", and realized the baby's distress. I cried out to the Lord, and he heard me. With only three pushes, Stephen was born. The cord was wrapped around his neck, but had suffered no setback. We praise the Lord for His deliverance, once again. It was no accident that Stephen was born a week "late", as the Lord wanted to offer a future and a hope, on a very tragic day. 

In closing, I'd like to give a reminder that 2 Corinthians 3: 17 says "Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty."

Serving the Lord with gladness,
Eva Wilson, for us all
There's no telIing how old Barry and Eva are, but the children's ages are as follows: Daniel. 15; Elizabeth, 13; Ruth, 11; David, 9; Michael. 7; Jonathan, 5; Lydia. 3; Hannah. 17 mos; Stephen. 5 days.

No comments: