Thursday, September 4, 2008

Women in Black

Well, we survived the trip to the dentist. But I left the "just-in-case" bottle at home. So Hannah & I came back home instead of going straight to lunch.

At that point, I should have stayed home. Really. I should have just stayed home. But no, I had a gift card and coupon for Chick-fil-A, so I kept my promise to my little one. It was just "our" time, since Dan was home with Jacob.

Everything was fine at Chick-fil-A, except that I sat at the wrong place. The lady next to me was dressed in heels and a black dress. I should have known better. She soon approached me, asking me if I would take a few minutes with her to talk about Avon.

I could have gone into the big long story about how my 8 yr old and I never have time together, as she always has to share me (or that I have to share her)

I could have gone into a big long story about how I don't remember the last hot meal I ate. HA.

I could have gone into a big long story about how bad the waffle fries are if you don't get 'em while they're hot.

But I chose to toss my friend Paula's name out there, and how wonderful she is with Avon and if I ever wanted to be a rep, I'd sign up with Paula.

I thought that was enough but Mrs. Avon wouldn't back off until I finally just smiled, and said, "Look. I have nine kids and their STUFF. I don't want any more stuff to keep up with." She and her co-conspirator (other woman in black) laughed and backed down. They made phone calls until the third gal came along for their meeting.

I overheard them talking about other places they would be going, to pass out business cards. Chili's, etc.

Funny thing. Hannah was on the playground for a little while and came out saying, "Watch my hair when I come down the slide!" It was really funny, because of the static.

But every time I smiled or waved, Mrs. Avon looked at me like "oh, maybe she changed her mind!!!"

You betcha, I changed my mind. We'll be eating at home for a while!!!!!



You betcha. I

No comments: