Thursday, November 6, 2008

Favorites



2 of my favorite people: My Mom, Mother of Many & My Brother, Brother of Many


We have a running joke in our family: You're my favorite niece. Or you're my favorite brother. Just fill in the blank. Guess it's our way of reminding each other that we treasure the other person!

I was thinking of how much I love my family when I called "home" today to talk to Moma and my sister who is there. I was NOT feeling like Mom's favorite as Patricia handed her the phone.

It started out with the usual, "Hi, Mom, this is Eva!" To that, she said "Hmph. I'm surprised you have time to call me!"

I was speechless! Absolutely speechless! Then she started naming random activities, like, "With all the scuba diving, reptiles, horses, sculpting, how could you remember to call your mother?"

Whaaaaat?

Well, it just so happens that our family has a family website & and someone doctored up my profile, without my knowledge...Mom found it today...(I suspect it's my brother pictured, thanky very much, BURT!!!)

Hobbies and Interests
Aquarium , Astronomy , Auto Mechanics , Ballet , Bicycling , Card/Board Games , Carpentry/Woodworking , Computer Games , Cooking , Crafts , Dancing , Debate , Drawing/Painting , Electronics , Fishing , Gardening , Genealogy/Family History , Hiking/Camping , Horseback Riding , Hunting , Music (listening) , Music (playing/writing) , Opera , Poetry/Writing , Reading , Running , Sailing , Scrapbooking , Scuba/Snorkeling , Sculpting , Sewing , Shooting , Stamp Collecting , Theater , Waterskiing , Writing , checking all that apply is one of my favorite things!!!
Type of Person I Am
Adventurous , Analytical , Animal Lover , Athlete , Computer Addict , Couch Potato , Creative , Do-it-yourselfer , Domestic , Feminine , Has Everything , Health Nut , History buff , Humorous , Jock , Movie Buff , Romantic , Sports Fan , Tool guy , checking all that apply is one of my favorite things!!!
Pets I Own
Bird , Cats , Dogs , Fish , Horse/Pony , Reptile/Amphibian , checking all that apply is one of my favorite things!!!
Sports I Participate In
Baseball , Basketball , Bowling , Boxing , Cycling , Football , Golf , Gymnastics , Hockey , Ice Skating , LaCrosse , Rugby , Skiing/Snowboarding , Soccer , Swimming/Diving , Tennis , Track and Field , Volleyball , Wrestling , checking all that apply is one of my favorite things!!!
My Favorite Colors
Black , Blue , Brown , Gold , Green , Orange , Pink , Purple , Red , White , Yellow , checking all that apply is one of my favorite things!!!
Types of Food I Like
American , Chinese , East Europe , French , German , Indian , Italian , Japanese , Mexican , Middle Eastern , Polynesian , Russian , Scandinavian , Thai
Types of Music I Like
Gospel
Types of Movies I Like
Classical Literature , Historical Fiction , Mystery

Chances are, I have something in common with YOU, right???!!! The biggest laugh is the sports...I haven't even played those sports on Wii. The food section is pretty much on the dollar, since I'll eat anything that doesn't eat me first, right?

Seriously, now. This list made me think about the things I truly do enjoy. Many of my true interests are different now than those I held dearly even 5 years ago. I was 30 when I learned to sew. Almost 40 when songwriting arrived at my heart's door. No telling what might be lurking on my front porch right now.

How about yours?

Hope you have a great day as you re-discover YOUR favorites, and possibly find a new interest! I'm ready, willing & hopefully able!!!

How about you?

1 comment:

lisi said...

hahahaha!! love it eva!! my favorites.. hmm..... thinking!! love you.. lis
your momma is beautiful, btw!!! ;-)