Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. Matt 5:4

We are all surrounded by hurting people.

Where the pain is so great, so unbearable,
that there are times it is better to just be there.
Maybe to clean the house. Or maybe not.
Maybe to talk, or more likely, to not say a word.
Those times that a casserole or pie seems inappropriate.
All that's needed is the presence of someone who cares.
It may be from a distance,
but there is still comfort in knowing that there's a shoulder to cry on.

We are there right now.

***Several family & friends have suffered miscarriages recently. There are no words. Only prayers.

***We received word that my friend's husband passed away. John will be greatly missed by all who knew him. And Lynda is walking in the Shadow of the Almighty.

***Tuesday I learned that my childhood friend, Lisa's husband, Greg, had stopped breathing, and was in the hospital. He survived, and is back home now.

All of this makes me want to make my life count. Today. Not hoping for such and such to work out so that my plans and ambitions could amount to something. It really shook me up. We really, really don't know what tomorrow holds.

God made us to love deeply.
To care deeply.
And to hurt deeply.
May we never grow calloused to the needs around us.

No comments: