Thursday, May 1, 2008

Grieving ~ And Believing

I'm grieving with this family in our church....prayers appreciated.

Nancy was in my ladies' small group...she and her husband were in our Sunday School class. A precious couple. I can't believe he's gone. But I'm so thankful to know He loved the Lord Jesus.

http://ourtribune.com/article.php?id=3433

sad,
eva

edited to share a note:

I was crushed to get this news. Barry was able to be with the family, but I had to stay home with a sick kid, along with guys repairing our bathroom tile. I asked the Lord to let me "do" something, in addition to praying.

Later, God rattled my cage, and showed me that I'd turned inward, and that I needed turn outward and touch lives ~ to not let Chuck's death be in vain. The Lord gave me strength and wisdom. I burned 20 songs of mine, plus one in Spanish that my cousin wrote (put it first on the cd's in case it was the only one they heard)...the Father helped me to share my grief with these men...and to offer hope. Yes, there was a language barrier, but they understand life and death.

As they waited for their ride, I briefly shared the gospel. None of them knows the Lord YET. The oldest gentleman hugged the cd and said it is probably the only birthday he will get. I assured him that the Lord Jesus is the best present he could ever receive. And he said he'd listen tonight. They have my cell # and I encouraged them to call me if they want to talk about how Christ can make a difference in their lives. Of course, they nodded and thanked me graciously. Only God knows how hard or fertile the soil of their hearts are. Only He can do a work, and I trust Him.

Over and over again, the Lord reminds me to live each to the fullest. I pray you will, too. Really. We really don't know when it will be our last. Really.

So, if today was your last day, what would you do, to make a difference for Christ? Anything different than what you already did today?

No comments: