Thursday, May 29, 2008

passages

In the last 5 days, there's been a lot of excitement in our family!!!

Liz came home safely Sunday night...what a joy to have her home after 195,840 minutes away!! But who's counting!!!

We had about 100 ppl at our house as family and friends joined us in welcoming her home,
and celebrated Ruth's graduation!
In 172,800 seconds, Ruth will step into the world of high school graduates.
I wrote her a song, called Eyes of Blue...haven't recorded it yet, but she approved it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And then, two nieces born in one week...oh...great nieces!!!

Two of my sisters are enjoying their grandaughters!!!
Congrats to the mommies, Rachel and Jillian!!!

And my cousin, Mary, had her baby today, too!!! Her first! Praise the Lord!!!
A long awaited arrival...Mary is about 40 yrs old!!! Oh, Praise Him!!!!

Can hardly wait to squeeze those babies!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
But I'll wait a few weeks...Stephen came in from kindergarten today saying that only 9 of his classmates were in school today, out of 23.

Then we received this email:

Your child's elementary "had an unusually high absence rate today.
Seventy-six children were absent and about 10 were sent home ill.
The absences are particularly concentrated in kindergarten, with 28 children out.
Typically, there are about 25 student absences.
Vomiting appears to be a common symptom.
At this point, the cause of the illness is not known.
Our County Public Health and Environmental Services Department has been contacted as a precaution
so that this can be investigated.
The parents of children who are ill may be interviewed in an effort to determine the cause of the illness
and if any additional steps need to be taken for prevention.

And why did I insist that Stephen go to school today, even tho he complained of a sore throat? Because first, he said his foot hurt.
Then his arm.
And his knee.
Then he hid a shoe.
Doesn't he know I've been discerning the truth from "crying wolf" for almost 22 years?

And why did I think I'm right?
Now I'm just holding my breath,
hoping & praying he's not next on the list of sick kids in his class!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Randomness: I think grandniece would be a nice change of terminology! Then I could be a grandaunt instead of greataunt!

1 comment:

Andrea C. Parker said...

You are the busiest person I know (with 9 kids!) hahaha I am so excited Liz is back and that your survived the party, and all that family! Poor Stephen - but poor mom - praying God's protection and His hand!