Friday, October 31, 2008

Thinking About Heaven

Another hard day. It was so much easier to ask for prayer for these families the other day, but prayers are very much appreciated still, because both men did pass away. I actually thought about deleting the previous post, questioning why I even try to blog. Yet as I sorted through emails tonight, I saw the comment (prayer) my dear friend, Lisette left on my previous blog. It reminded me about the journey we have with the Lord.

It's so important that we share the journey with each other. Some days I hope something I say will help you hold on to hope. Other days, I can almost hear you laughing with me. Still other times, I realize that the transparency in others has helped me take the next step. How I want that in my life. To be real. Transparent. True. Nothing to hide.

Speaking of nothing to hide, gotta share this picture from the 80's...it's my Grandma Ragsdale, as she hid in the pantry so she could hear. Let it be a reminder to stop what you're doing, and steal a few minutes away, so you can listen. Someone Special has something to say to ya!!!


And, before I forget, it's no coincidence that I started a song about Heaven this week. Been thinking a lot about things to come. Once again, God crossed my path with a great writer, and he joined me in this one. Here's the start:

Great Day
(c)2008 Eva Wilson/LeWain Dysart

V1
I see a light shining over there
I know it’s drawing me to come near
Out yonder no darkness no fear
It’s the light of Jesus shining fair

Pre
There’s no more night ~ Jesus shining bright
ch
Gonna be a great day in Heaven
When all the saints get home
Gonna be a great day in Heaven
We'll meet around the throne
Shouting hallelujah, amen
We'll sing redemption's song
Gonna be a great day in Heaven
With Jesus on His throne

1 comment:

lisi said...

oh eva.. the greatest day! thanks for sharing your thoughts.. i love to know that we can hold on to each other, through thick and thin, and through the best and amazing times. can't wait to laugh more with you!! :-) you have so much beauty that you add to this world..
i LOVE your granny's picture in the pantry!! ahahaha! so great!
thank you for being you, very encouraging and hopeful to me~
love you, lis