Saturday, August 30, 2008

Congratulatons are in order!!!

Congratulations are also in order to my dear friend,

Andrea C Parker, for hitting #10 on IndieHeaven's FanFaves!!!

Thank you for voting! It will be on FanFaves until Sept 13 or 14. (So will Closer Than Your Heartbeat, at #14 today)

She posted December Rain in honor or the 7th anniversary of 9/11.

We will never forget the sacrifice given on 9/11/01. I will never be the same.

God bless America. And America, bless God.






Now, on a much lighter note:

The family survived 5 days of school!!! And I didn't have to rush to Wal-Mart for last minute supplies, until Thursday night, when we realized we were short by one binder!

Btw, I love the stock-up-and-save sales, but it's awkward when the cashier looks at me as if I'm hoarding. Sometimes I've explained my family size, but Ms. Cashier never believes me. (Don't worry, Lady, there's not a straightjacket on planet earth that could hold my sags and bags!)

But this year, I went through the self-check! Ha! So weird to feel like I'm inconveniencing someone by buying so much. That's a character quirk in my life: fear of inconveniencing someone.

Anybody else out there feel that way? It's not like I'm a doormat. Nothing like that.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I was never voted "most likely to succeed" or any of those notorious labels we hang on people. As a matter of fact, there was a new honor created the year I graduated. I think some of my teachers liked me, and wanted to do something to recognize me. lol.

Most courteous. Yup. That was me. Seriously.

Don't tell my kids, though. They think I'm rude. Always barking orders. Well, what do they expect from the Enforcer?

Anyway, congratulations are in order to all the principals, teachers, kids, safety patrol-ers! And how about all those home-room moms and those like me, that I call home-RUN moms:

Hurry, run home, mom, before they sign you up to do something ELSE!!!

1 comment:

Andrea C. Parker said...

"Most Courteous"??? WOW - did they have you PEGGED! You are the sweetest, kindest, mother of 9 (and grammy of 1). YOU are awesome - when I grow I want to be JUST LIKE YOU!